Craniofacial Regeneration Laboratory
Principal Investigator: Justine C. Lee, MD, PhD, FACS
Our laboratory is focused on safe, simple, and surgically practical solutions for bone regeneration of the craniofacial skeleton. Our primary interest is to develop a suite of easy-to-use, off-the-shelf, extracellular matrix-inspired materials that utilize the body's own ability to heal bone without the addition of growth factors or harvesting and ex vivo cultivation of adult stem cells. Our laboratory functions primarily as a translational laboratory with expertise in cell biology, biochemistry, signal transduction between materials and progenitor cells, and preclinical in vivo testing of calvarial regeneration.
Are you awesome? Do you think we are awesome? If yes to both, consider joining our laboratory as a postdoctoral fellow or research fellow!
- 3 years of prior basic science research experience
- Full-time only, 2 year commitment, applicants who cannot commit 2 years will not be considered, applicants who cannot commit full-time will not be considered
- Postgraduates only (postdoctoral fellows, clinical fellows, residents, graduate students, medical students only. We do not accept undergraduates or high school students)
- Must be familiar with following techniques: cell culture, Western blots, QPCR, fluorescent microscopy
- Must understand experimental design and be motivated to work independently
- All fellows are expected to write at least two papers per year
- Applicants with fellowship funding will be given priority for consideration
- Applicants without funding will be expected to apply for funding. We will not fund applicants who have not acquired some amount of funding themselves.
- Must be a nice workaholic and have the ability to get along with our team full of nice, hard-working people
Please send CV, statement of interest, and contact information (email/phone number) of two references to email@example.com.
Our Friends, Some Stuff We Like, and Our Favorite Journals (in no particular order)
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
National Institutes of Health
UCLA Molecular Biology Institute
Plastic Surgery Research Council
European Plastic Surgery Research Council
American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and PRS Global Open
The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal
Annals of Plastic Surgery
Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
Advanced Healthcare Materials
National Hurricane Center
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
National Aeronautics and Space Administration